Recycling Earns Money
You can recycle paper at our campus 7 days a week! The school earns money for paper dropped off at our green and yellow Abitibi Paper Retriever bins. This is an easy way for you to recycle your paper every week and help us raise money for projects like playgrounds, landscaping, books and other worthwhile activities. Pease remember to bring your paper and drop it in the Abitibi Paper Retriever bin. This bin is free to use, just bring us your paper!
|We Accept:||We Do Not Accept:|
Please add recycling to your errand route and bring your paper by once a week or send it to school with your child. Help your school and the environment! Thank you for your support of this important fund-raising effort.
- Every year, 300 million cartridges end up in landfills worldwide.
- Almost eight cartridges are thrown away in the US every second. That is almost 700,000 cartridges per day.
- It takes almost 3.5 quarts of oil to produce one laser cartridge. That is almost one gallon of ice cream!
- A half gallon of oil is saved each time a laser cartridge is remanufactured.
- A cartridge takes 1,000 years to decompose. That means a cartridge thrown away today will not compose until you have Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great . . . Grandchildren! That's a REALLY long time!
- Americans will purchase over 100 million new cell phones each year and on average they buy a new cell phone every 18 months.
- It is estimated that 500 million phones (weighing 250,000 tons) could be headed for our landfills if they are not recycled. A herd of 50,000 elephants weighs about 250,000 tons!